9/07/2012

NYFW - day 1

Hello guys!


I know it's been a long time since my last post, but my excuse is very reasonable - school :/ I was nailed to my desk the past month. I was going crazy because my days would start with studying and end with studying. And in between I was also studying. 
But now the torture is almost over  and I can dedicate myself to other things :)

I have  some news for you. I did a facebook page of my blog, where I'll be posting pictures that I like, other bloggers posts, fashion articules and of course my new posts. I also added my instagram to my blog where I post some fashion and also not fashion related photos. So you know what to do - click the follow button :) Oh, I almost forgot - twitter! 


It's time for fashion week! It's my favourite time of the year. Every season I wait for the first pictures to come online so I can get a glimpse of what the designers did. I'll try to do as many posts as possible about the shows that will be happening. During the day I'll be posting pictures of the pieces that I like on my facebook page and later in the evening or next day I'll do also the post where I'll comment the collections. I'll be very happy to see your opinion too. So comment, like, dislike...


On day 1 of New York Fashion Week represented their collections some designers I know and some that I discovered just now. 

First thing that popped into my eyes was that there is no NEON! But maybe we'll be surprised in next days. I think that the best is yet to come:) But till now there was pretty natural and calm colour scheme. I don't know if I like that for S/S. I think that spring should be all about colours and prints. Maybe that's just me. 

So let's start with some known/unknown designers.

ERIN FETHERSTON
She is quite a young designer. I first heard of her last year in The Rachel Zoe Project. Her clothes are each year very girly and easy to wear. I noticed that leather pants will have to stay in our closets, also everything printed and shirts with collars. It's fine with me :)







BCBG Max Azria
Ladies mini skirts are out. Everything has to be under the knees - I think that's Kate Middleton impact. I love how they mixed leather with lace. It makes a very good contrast between hard and soft. The colours are very simple - black, white, some bright orange. Other thing that caught my eye were the clutches - simple but stylish. 










NICHOLAS K
No, it's not Nicholas Kirkwood and his amazing shoes. Nicholas K is a design company founded by siblings Nicholas and Christopher Kunz. I think that their clothes are very ''street new york style''. Materials look very soft and that makes clothes very comfortable. Big like - statement necklaces and big glasses.










TADASHI SHOJI
He is known for his beautiful gowns that many celebrities wear on the red carpet. I his new collection he didn't disapoint the public. Besides the gowns he also included some simple lace dresses that are perfect for spring. I especially love the blue colour that he used.









So that's all for today. I promise that my posts will be more regular in next months. I can tell you that I'm doing one new diy and I'll be posting it soon. If you're interested you can see a sneak peek on my instagram:)

Tomorrow on fw: See by Chloe, Peter Som, Jason Wu, Rag and Bone, Helmut Lang...


photos: www.vogue.co.uk/

Have a lovely weekend! xo 

    2 comments:

    1. BCBG Max Azria is very very my cup of tea! lajk <3

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Cela kolekcija ja ful dobra. Men je najbol všeč ko je velik usnja :)

        Delete