9/09/2012

NYFW - day 2

From day 2 I decided to show 6 designers. Helmut Lang, Rag&Bon, Peter Som, Rebecca Minkoff, Charlotte Ronson and Jason Wu. 


HELMUT LANG
Shorts, jackets, easy dresses, nothing form-fitting. Colours are bright which gives clothes some spring pop. There is also some leather that perfectly mixes with lighter fabric. I like it:)










RAG&BONE
I guess that layering has finally hit the fashion scene. I don't know if it's because of The Man Repeller (blogger) but I'm sure that she was a big influance. The clothes are very diverse - everything from very bussines blazers to sporty dresses with hoods. It's not particulary my style but I would wear some items from the show.









REBECCA MINKOFF
Prints! On shirts, trousers, dresses, everywhere. The whole collection is really wearable. I love how she mixed simple thing with for example printed trousers and gave the whole look a cool vibe. 






PETER SOM
He started the show very inocent with baby blue and then he worked his way up to leopard prints. He included veils into everyday outfits which is a really cool detail. Like in the other collections there are a lot of collars on the dresses. 









CHARLOTTE RONSON
One of the Ronson family who didn't follow her siblings and went into music. And thank god that she didn't because she is an amazing designer. She really knows what women want to wear. Chic peplum dresses, sporty shorts, big bags and amazing colours. I would wear everything.









JASON WU
Despite some rough materials the collection is very feminine. Wu often uses lace and he used it again in this new collection. The trousers and shorts are high - waisted, which gives women a nice silhuete. I liked the most the tulle gowns that are so beautiful and dramatic at the same time. 












Tomorrow: Lacoste, Jill Stuart, Prabal Gurung, Mara Hoffman, Alexander Wang, Tibi, Herve Leger, Monique Lhuillier, Altuzarra 

source: vogue.com

1 comment:

  1. wonderful collections!! I can have all of those clothes:D
    please visit me in free time:)!
    http://mesmerize87.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete